In case you didn't notice, this site has been moved to cesarsaez.me, there's no automagic redirection in order to not break links but all post has been migrated.
This blog will not receive any update anymore.
Sorry for the trouble.
- Beautiful is better than ugly.
- Explicit is better than implicit.
- Simple is better than complex.
- Complex is better than complicated.
- Flat is better than nested.
- Sparse is better than dense.
- Readability counts.
- Special cases aren’t special enough to break the rules.
- Although practicality beats purity.
- Errors should never pass silently.
- Unless explicitly silenced.
- In the face of ambiguity, refuse the temptation to guess.
- There should be one– and preferably only one –obvious way to do it.
- Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you’re Dutch.
- Now is better than never.
- Although never is often better than right now.
- If the implementation is hard to explain, it’s a bad idea.
- If the implementation is easy to explain, it may be a good idea.
- NameSpaces are one honking great idea — let’s do more of those!
The system will be based on metadata rather than any specific naming convention. The naming convention will be based on a config file in order to integrate the system on any pipeline (the same is true with colours, animation controls and all the standard rigging conventions).
When you make a tool, don't think about it as a 1-time procedure, editing will take most of the time and you should provide support for it.
Hello, my name is César and I love figure out how things work... yep, I was one of those kids who question everything. That passion led me to get a BESc, but at some point in my career I met computer graphics and I fell in love.
Since then, I've had the opportunity to experience different cultures and meet amazing people while traveling around the world working as character technical director.
If you have any comments, questions or some snide remarks; just drop me a line.